Princess Lilly Squirt Stine is our very spoiled cat. She was born March 23rd to Gavin's preschool teacher's cat. Mrs. Williams mentioned her cat was in the family way and Gav was relentless asking if we could have one. I'm a cat person, but David definitely is NOT. I told Gav he had to convince his dad. Suffice to say, Gav worked his magic and we brought Squirt home when she was eight weeks old.
Squirt's a sweet little grey tiger kitty and I'm fairly certain she is equal parts cat, goat, and dog. She listens as well as most cats (not at all). She will eat dog food and dog bones if Alfie will share. She will also chew through plastic, cardboard, and paper if she thinks there is a treat on the other side just like a goat. She will eat lettuce, cake, and even mac and cheese (I'm guessing goats will eat these things; I know dogs will).
Squirt is also not lacking in the toy department. She has mice galore, even more balls and feathers to play with, plus two climbing things she prances around, over, and under. She even has her own blanket and bed (something I would have liked after a certain seven year old invaded our bed during last night's storm). I think she's living the good life, but apparently, she feels she needs more toys.
Squirt is pretty smart and figured out how to open my bathroom drawers. She likes to climb through the bottom one and hide behind it in the cabinet to sleep. I guess if I had two little boys always trying to pick me up when I'm sleeping, I might hide out as well. Anyhow, she decided this week she just wasn't content with her toys, so she decided to find her own... in the form of a tampon. Yep, I kept them in the drawer she liked to hide behind. (Notice the use of past tense. They have a new home, thank you very much!) And no, she wasn't content just batting them around the bathroom in their wrappers. She figured out, with her goat like skills, how to unwrap them and then started hiding them in places like her bed or behind the toilet for me to find them. LOVELY!
Being the smart owner I am, I moved the box. Being the smarter cat, she had a secret stash hidden away and was just waiting to one up me. How do I know? Thursday, I heard a knock on the kitchen door. There stood a delivery man with a much amused look on his face. The dog and cat lounged in front of the door like they were going to attack at any minute, so I thought he was amused by them. I opened the door and grabbed the package, just as he said, "Nice mice." At that point I looked down and instantly turned red. Yep, Squirt had decided to share her tampon toys with the dog and they each had one hanging out of their mouths. Can you say horrified?!? I don't think I will open the door for another delivery man again!
No comments:
Post a Comment