I always thought it was interesting there are more crimes when it is hot out and I guess I can see why that is. With the temp at 96 and it feeling like 110, Facebook is littered with moms talking about how their kids are driving them batty, people are posting grumpy statuses about how their significant other/friend/neighbor/et al is driving them insane. Yep, after looking at these sorts of statuses, it is clear that when the temp goes up, tempers flare.
Our house is no exception. Owen has been grumpier than usual and has been taking his frustrations out Gavin. That's making Gavin whiny and me just downright mad because I don't like whining and I like grumpy even less. Our poor dog is ticked off at the world because he can't run around outside like usual and he can't go on as many car rides. He gives me this look like I'm intentionally torturing him by keeping him inside.
So what's a mom to do when it is clear her whole family needs space? She declares NAPTIME for all animals and children!
 |
| Gav fell asleep on the couch. Don't be fooled by the sweet face. |
 |
| Alfie hid in his bed and kept giving me The Look. |
 |
| Owen was banished to his room and curled up on his bed. |
And what did I do while they are all in their separate corners? I read the newspaper and washed some dishes. I even used the restroom without anyone banging on the door to tattle! You know it has to be bad when you're celebrating a moment like that. Still, I wouldn't trade this heat for anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment