We had to drop our cat off today to be declawed at the vet in Granger. We use Morris Animal Hopsital - they rock! When we went in for our presurgery appointment last week, the boys were quite traumatized, because they learned how they take animals' temps. That sent the whole appointment spiraling out of control with lots of questions and such about why exactly the vet had to do THAT to their cat. It was fun. NOT. (For the record the vet was not helpful at all when I was trying to change the topic. I think she enjoyed watching me squirm. Oh, well. I still like her because she is nice to my four legged babies and they love her even though she does THAT to them.)
Anyhow, I decided yesterday to subconciously bribe the boys with Krispy Kreme. The deal was if they were good after dropping Squirt off, we'd get doughnuts. My idea was that the distraction of the doughnuts to come would distract them from discussing last week's appointment. Why? Because every time I mentioned the appointment, the vet, the cat's nails, you name it, they asked about taking the cat's temp and you can guess where that conversation went. Thankfully, the distraction of yummy doughnut goodness did work! They were little angels and enjoyed their doughnuts a lot.
Now, I don't know if it was the excess sugar or what, but something got into Gav and he started talking to his doughnut like it was alive. At one point, he asked it why it was starring at him. Then, he told it he was sorry, because he had to bite it and it would hurt, but then it would be a doughnut amputee and that would be cool. I probably should worry about that kid a bit more than I do, but it is hard to worry when he'd making me laugh so hard I cry.


No comments:
Post a Comment