7.22.2011

Rain Dance

My poor garden has taken a major beating this year.  The storm on July 11 left all of my tomato cages and every vegetable bent to the ground.  After doing a ton of staking, they seemed to do well.  Then this week's weather rolled around and it seemed like it was being baked under a boiling hot sun.  No matter how much I watered, it just didn't seem to be enough.  I knew it needed the kind of soaking only Mother Nature could provide and thankfully, she was happy enough to oblige.  She even let me finish my weeding before she sent the rain this afternoon. 

Right after it started to rain, the boys decided to do a Rain Dance in the drive.  It isn't often that it is 90 out and you can play in the rain!


Owen doing a combo run-skip-walk down the drive. 

Gav under the run off from the roof.

While blurry, I like this pic. 

Owen!

It has rained for about 60 minutes so far and is still coming down. I know my plants are happier. I know I am. I'm tired of dragging a garden hose around the yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment