7.08.2011

Family Rules

I recently saw this on another blog (coincidentally, the blogger saw it here).  I wanted to make my own as soon as I saw it, but never made the time.  Fast forward to this week: David just finished painting the kitchen cabinets, replacing all the hardware, and even created a chalkboard for me. I decided I needed to make one for our kitchen as my contribution.

Our rules, if you're curious, are as follows:

Be kind
Have an open mind
Say I’m sorry
Dream big
Give thanks for magic moments
Live your life and forget your age
Family first
The only way to have a friend is to be one
Cherish joy & laughter
There is no mine in this family
Love doesn’t make the world go ‘round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile

The canvas is 12x24 and each piece of scrpbook paper was cut to 2 1/2 inches and layered to create 2 inch strips.  I used a combination of stickers and my Cricut for all the letters.  I did paint the canvas with a soft lime color because the sides will be seen when it is hung and because it ties all the papers together.  I used Mod Podge Satin so I can wipe it clean (and discovered it is my new favorite crafting product).     

Stay tuned for my next crafty creation, which will also go in the kitchen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment