I have been pondering the question of what exactly to do with all of the boys' art work for forever now. I was just stacking it all up with the intent of deciding later what to keep and pitch. The pile fell over to this past week and I took that as a sign I needed to do something. I've had a wooden screen to hold pictures since we moved (Thanks, Tracy!) but hadn't decided what to put in it. Then shazam! The pile fell over colliding with the screen and I thought, "Hum, what if I put some of the art work on display in it?" I already have some of the boys' masterpieces framed in the kitchen and they love seeing it.
Tonight, I weeded out all the potential pieces with the idea of only using those pictures they painted. Then I went to work. The result was a very eclectic piece of art. The boys spent the whole time asking which one was theirs before posing for a picture in front of it. I think it took longer to get them in front of it than it did to assemble everything. Gav kept trying to hide behind it, then giggling, "You can't see me." Owen's actually holding on to him in the picture to keep him from escaping. And you thought they were just being affectionate!
No comments:
Post a Comment