Some friends of ours also have blogs for their families to update the masses on what is happening with their families. This is our second try. The Verizon one we had a few years ago was really difficult to work with and we abandoned it. Hopefully, this one will fit into our daily routine much easier!
Owen had his second soccer game yesterday. He tells me he loved it, but still doesn't like being goalie. He's starting to read a few sight words and I have a feeling will be doing very well when he enters school in the fall. He can also name pretty much all of the presidents. He's such a sponge with anything learning related. I hope he stays that way.
Gavin is still going strong on the potty training although he has had some funny incidents in the past two weeks. #1. He went potty at school then figured out he needed to do some additional business but couldn't get into the stall for whatever reason. Being the resourceful kid he is, he just squatted and went on the floor. His little friend Kamari came along and discovered the mess and began jumping up and down in it yelling poop. #2. While home this week, Gav informed me he could potty by himself. I stood outside the bathroom door until I heard him say, "I have to wash my butt." That falls in line with the "nothing" response kids give when they are totally in trouble, so I went to investigate. He'd turned himself sideways and had his tush in the toilet. I asked him what he was doing and he replied, "Washing my butt," complete with the "DUH, my Mom is so dumb" look. I informed him he was going to be washing his tush and plopped him in the tub for a bath and a stern lecture on how we never ever stick our bottoms in the toilet.
David and I have booked our vacation to Disney for June. Ok, I was being generous saying David booked it. I made all of the arrangements and David just nodded yes when I gave the details. We'll be there from the 12th-19th. YIPPEE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment