2.25.2009

New vocabulary


Gav has a new name for Owen and it is a bit hard to tell him he can't use it with a straight face. When O is really, really annoying him, Gav puffs out his chest and says, "You are a smelly creature, Owen Christopher Stine." This statement comes complete with his famous scowl and hands on his hips. If you ask Gavin if he is a creature too, he'll say he is... but he smells good.

Owen's word of the week was symmetry at preschool. I quizzed him about what the word meant and he said, "Well, you know how you have an ear on both sides of your head? That's symmetry. They are in the same places on opposite sides." For homework, he had to practice decorating hearts in a symmetrical pattern and I have to say I was quite impressed with how well he did. He even folded his hearts in half and put a mirror on the part that was horizontal on the counter to look at the reflection from the part that was vertical to make sure he was right about where to put shapes. Then he practiced on a separate piece of paper, before touching his markers to his official worksheet. I tell you what, the money we have spent on Angel Central has been well spent. My kid is super smart.

P.S. Just in case you can't read the purple note, the picture at the bottom of the worksheet is one of Spiderman in his underwear. Some days I really wonder about Owen.

No comments:

Post a Comment