David got a new boss this week at work. Say a little prayer for him (David, not the boss) that this is a good thing. They are working on changing the culture at work. I thought this meant something other than what it means, so let me elaborate so you don't feel like a dunce like I did if David tries to explain it to you.
First off, culture in this sense is not the behavior or beliefs of a group of people. What the culture change at Conn represents is shaking off the old ways and adopting new. For example: put your car keys in your right pocket if you usually use your left or putting your watch on the other wrist.
Last night, David spent all night trying to come up with things he could do to help change Conn's culture. Being the kind person I am, I tried to assist him on this endeavor. David called me a smartalec when I made all kinds of helpful suggestions like he wear his clothes backwards or inside out. He also ruled out driving to work and home in reverse and reading or talking sdrawkcab (that's backwards if you were a little slow on the draw).
I guess becoming a smartalec is what happens when you spend all day with teenagers who do wear their clothes backwards and inside out. Now that I think about it, maybe those teenagers are trying to change culture too. I guess they have never heard of Kris Kross. They also don't know that wearing clothes backwards makes you look like you got dressed in the dark and is not a trend that will last like brushing your teeth or bathing. Maybe these same kids will be working for David in a few years. Heaven help David.
No comments:
Post a Comment