The life of a mom is always full, and sometimes I just can't seem to get a break (translation: the easy way out) for the life of me. I don't know if I broke a lot of mirrors in a past life, but geesh, somethings got to give! Why is it that kids, mine at least, can go all summer long without so much as a tummy ache, and then school starts and everyone ends up sick? Here's a timeline of first week of school at the Stine house.
Tuesday: Owen started 1st grade.
He loves it so far (yay!) but managed to get sick during aftercare on the third afternoon (Thursday). He puked all over the stage in the cafetorium. (At least it wasn't his teacher's desk. I accidentally threw up on my 4th grade teacher's desk after she told me to go sit down because I wasn't sick. It totally wasn't intentional to hit her desk, rather poetic justice. She wasn't very nice!)
Friday: I got sick the next night. Hugging the commode is not a fun way to spend a Friday night.
Monday 1:30 a.m.: I woke up to the distinctive sound of Gavin hurling in his bedroom. Yep, the bug went from Owen to me to Gav. Thank goodness he has hardwood floors is all I'm going to say to keep from grossing you out completely.
3:00 a.m.: I decided that there was no way Gav was going to make it to Grandma's the next day and then remembered I have no emergency sub plans for Central yet. Argh, one of the bad things about teaching is sub plans! So, at 3:30 I was on my way in to set things up for a sub.
2:00 p.m.: Gav's keeping some food down, is happy watching movies on the couch, and I need a nap. Two hours of sleep is rough, but I'm just glad I could be home with my little man. I'm just hoping that this past week isn't a sign of what's to come in the year ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment