Some days I think being a mom is the loneliest job in the world even though you are surrounded. I mean really, it isn't like I can actually discuss what is going on in the world with the boys! I do a lot of telling, and they in turn do a lot of listening, but there is no real back and forth discourse. I don't want to rush their youth, but I'm looking forward to talking to them about things besides Star Wars and Toy Story.
Speaking if Toy Story, we went to see it over the weekend. Everyone said it was good, but no one told me I'd cry almost nonstop through it! In many ways, it feels like I've watched Andy grow up just like I'm watching Owen and Gavin. Seeing Andy go to college was like a look into the future for my kids. It is times like that when I want them to stay little forever so I can keep talking Star Wars and Toy Story.
I can only imagine how I will do when the boys leave home. (I should probably buy stock in Kleenex right before they leave!) Just yesterday, I nearly burst into tears while they were swimming with their cousins, Amanda and Morgan. We have been trying to convince Owen for a year now he can swim and doesn't need floaties. He's our safety precaution child, who last year tried wearing a ring, floaties, and life jacket in the pool. Amanda with some amazing convincing that involved Silly Bands, got him to go in sans floaties and swim with her, with a noodle, and with a kick board. He swam around like a little fish, while I snapped pictures, clapped, and wiped the tears that threatened to spill.
No comments:
Post a Comment