Gavin is on his second round of antibiotics for his sinus and ear infection. He detests the taste of it, so I had it flavored with the bubblegum flavoring thinking that would help. It did - for about a day. Since then, I've tried putting it in his OJ, mixing strawberry or chocolate syrup in it, and letting him drink it with a straw. I've even tried telling him that if he doesn't take his medicine, he could get everyone else sick. His response: I'll let you take my medicine then. Grrrrr. So not the response I was looking for! Arguing with him over taking his medicine is torture, especially when you add in the Owen factor.
Owen was strangely cooperative yesterday and actually asked to take a nap. Are you seeing a red flag? I did. He woke up afterwards with a headache and sniffles. Then during the middle of the night, he woke up with a stomachache and promptly puked on the floor. Lovely. There is nothing like cleaning up puke in the middle of the night to really wake you up! He puked again this morning, but is eating and drinking. He still has a runny nose and a little temp, but nothing serious at this point. I'm hoping just a little rest is all he needs.
I'd just like to point out playing nurse isn't what I had planned for break. I wish I could just snap my fingers and make both boys instantly better so we can get back to having fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment