I've spent a lot of time wishing I had more free time over the past year with my Masters classes. During this time, I've come up with a list of things I'm going to do as soon as June 28 rolls around. Topping that list are two things that will make my Mom happy: I'm going to learn to use my sewing machine and learn to either knit or crochet. The latter part will be a surprise for her because she has only been trying to teach me to crochet since I was six. I can make one heck of a single stitch chain (at least I think that is what it is called), let me tell you. As for the sewing, I think she bought me my sewing machine in 2000 and I don't even know how to thread it. Sad, I know. I also plan to get caught up on my scrapbooking. I haven't touched anything since Christmas and should feel overwhelmed by the looming pile of pictures I have right now. I'm not because I realize if I forced myself to sit down and do something with them, I wouldn't be as happy with the results. I want to take my time and do it right. Next, there is my never ending pile of Books I Must Read. It grows more gargantuan every day. And then there is the book I want to start writing, but that's a whole other story. ;-)
The sunshine today was so deceiving after the one and only day of spring last week. I was so sure it was warmer than it was today when I left school. Imagine my surprise when I almost blew across the parking lot! Even with the wind, the sunshine just added to my desire to get out in the yard and dig in the dirt. Owen and I spent forever yesterday pouring over a gardening catalog - dreaming about the trees, flowers, and plants we want. I'm pretty sure we'd need 20 acres to accomplish it all. Even Gav got into it picking out things he thought we needed because "we live on a farm" now. My personal favorite suggestion was his insistence that we "need a rooster for our farm." I am fairly certain the neighbors might object to rising to its crowing every morning. I know I would! I tried explaining this to Mr. I Rise At 6 A.M. Because I Can and he didn't get it at all. He also wants to "park his horse in the garage." Who am I to argue with a toddler - especially one who informed me it had to park in the garage because we don't have a barn?
No comments:
Post a Comment