This one was gigantic and I propped it against out dining room wall. It was also the first time I used Sharpie paint pens. I give them a huge thumbs up. I used my Cricut to make the stencils for the letters and it was trickier than I thought it would be to get them to line up properly. I ended up distressing and antiquing it around the edges, but didn't take a picture before putting it away for the year.
This was my addition to the kitchen window. Thank you, Dollar Store! I loved how the light reflected off of it and made patterns on the dining room walls.
My noel blocks allowed me to use up some 2x4s and scrapbook paper. I cut the letters using my Cricut. Instead of making husband distress the edges, I used black paint.
Last year I bought these pink glittery snowflakes for like 10 cents in the Target clearance section. I used more scrapbook paper and my Cricut again, but made husband distress the edges.
This one turned out really well. I used the handy-dandy Sharpie pens on it as well. I also distressed the wood it with a hammer before painting it, but you can't really tell in the pics. Talk about a great stress reliever!
Every year, the boys make a few Christmas presents. This one used up a lot of the buttons in my spare button stash. We used masking take to make the tree edges crisp lines and hot glued the buttons on. We used canvas board to make them sturdier. (Why can't my children act normal for pics??)
And last, but not least, is a project idea I took from an art teacher friend, not Pinterest. The grid lines are made from paper that has been water colored and has been doodled on using markers, then torn into strips. All the words came from magazines and relate to Christmas in some way. I matted and framed it to hang in my bathroom. It was probably my favorite project this holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment