1.01.2010

Resolutions, err, objectives

David doesn't like making resolutions or setting goals, so we compromised and decided to call them objectives. I made all of his for him and he agreed to them, which goes well with his first objective.
  1. Say yes more often: He is addicted to the word no. Me: David, do you want to go do something? David: No. So, his objective is to say yes at least once a day to me or the boys. Sounds easy enough, right? So far today, he said yes to going out to breakfast (but really only because the boys weren't ready to be picked up yet) and to going to a furniture store. Both are pretty big deals because he doesn't like spending money on food or shopping.
  2. Be a nicer person: If you ask David if he likes people, he'll tell you he doesn't. He is going to attempt to be nicer to people around him that he actually knows. He can be a complete angel when it comes to interacting with strangers, but a pain in you know what when it comes to being around those he knows. He's sort of like a lovable prickly cactus.

My objectives are similar.

  1. Say no more often: I have this bad habit of agreeing to things before fully thinking them through. Then I grumble because of the extra stress I took on, making me less than pleasant to be around.
  2. Make more time for me: This really goes with the first objective, but deserves its own number. I'm making it my goal that each month I will do one thing just for me, whether it be working on scrapbooks, getting a pedicure, or trying a new recipe - just because I want to. I get so caught up in making sure the house is clean, the boys are occupied, and David is happy that I forget about me a lot of the time. I know I'm a better person when I have me time, so finding some is very important.
  3. Document our family better: I'm going to attempt to update our blog more often and take at least one photo to capture each day. I'm really intrigued by the idea of making a scrapbook with 365 pictures.

These are our resolutions, err, objectives. Here's to making 2010 the best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment